Tuesday, May 21, 2013
3:30 AM | Posted by Ing Cruz | | Edit Post
Both men smiled at Piper with what appeared to be genuine pleasure.
Their charm and utter masculinity drew her closer…the proverbial moth to the flame. She tamped down her reservations reinforced by a spit-and-polish upbringing, a by-the-book father. It would only be dinner and conversation after all. No harm in that. Even her dad might approve of this—if they lived in an alternate universe where sex wasn’t taboo, but something to be celebrated and indulged in as often as possible.
She reached the terrace. The heady scent of soil and vegetation surrounded her, along with the newest tune, a bluesy instrumental heavy on piano and sax. The sounds wicked, seductive.
Guy came around the sofa first, his sudden proximity delivering his scent. Something fresh and aquatic that reminded Piper of her pirate fantasy and made her heart pound, the same as his great looks.
He appeared to be in his early thirties and was one of the most beautiful men Piper had ever seen outside of a movie. Tall, at least six-three, he loomed over her, his body lean, muscular. His hair was thick and black, not dark-brown as she’d first thought, curling around his ears and at the nape of his neck, the ends of it fluttering slightly with the fan’s breeze. His brows were also black, his lushly lashed eyes a rich cocoa. In them, Piper saw heat and surprising tenderness. As though he too had been unwanted in the past and understood her uncertainty.
He held one of the roses from the sofa and offered it to her. “Happy birthday, Piper.”
His baritone soothed and enticed. His gentle smile made her yearn.
Piper wondered how it might feel to be important to him, really treasured. She imagined meeting him after a long workday at a crowded restaurant filled with gorgeous women. He’d be at the bar, alone, nursing his drink, his expression bored—or forlorn—until he spotted her. His handsome features would light up. Ignoring all of the other females, he’d go to her.
“My turn,” Joel murmured, his deep voice beyond pleasant.
Like Guy, he appeared to be in his early thirties and was as tall. He wore his blond hair cropped short on the sides and in the back, which made him seem more reserved, similar to a cop.
Piper wondered if he’d brought handcuffs along tonight. She suppressed a whimper, part excitement, part worry, and continued to stare at him.
In the candlelight, his hazel eyes appeared to also have a hint of green. His features were rough and masculine.
He too offered her a rose and a kiss on her cheek. His beginning stubble felt delicious in contrast to the aching softness of his lips. He smelled so clean, of summer days and sun-baked skin.
“Happy birthday, baby,” he said with unexpected affection.
Piper’s lower lip trembled.
Gently, Guy wrapped his long fingers around her upper arm. His hand was hot, his palm dry. Piper’s throat constricted with too many emotions, all of them tangled.
“You okay?” Guy asked.
Quick tears clouded her vision. Their kindness and concern were overwhelming, proving more powerful than if they’d shown her simple lust. Oddly enough, their attention made Piper realize how much she’d missed out on. Coy flirting. Outrageous seduction. Being the star of someone else’s fantasy.
She answered his question with a nod, then for reasons Piper couldn’t begin to understand, she added, “I’m thirty today.”
“A great age,” Guy assured.
She smiled weakly. “Not really. Well, maybe for a man. How old are you?”
“Thirty-two. Joel’s thirty-one. Right, buddy?”
“Last time I looked. You want to sit down?” he asked her.
Piper realized her legs were trembling. She glanced at the sofa, large enough for three.
Be sure to follow the tour and visit the other stops. Click the tour banner below to follow the blog tour around.
Tina Donahue is an award-winning, bestselling novelist in erotic, paranormal, contemporary and historical romance for Samhain Publishing, Ellora’s Cave, and Kensington. Booklist, Publisher’s Weekly, Romantic Times and numerous online sites have praised her work. Three of her erotic romances (Adored, Lush Velvet Nights, and Deep, Dark, Delicious) were named finalists in the 2011 EPIC competition. The French review site, Blue Moon reviews, chose her erotic romance Sensual Stranger as their Book of the Year 2010 (erotic category). The Golden Nib Award at Miz Love Loves Books was created specifically for Lush Velvet Nights, and two of her titles (The Yearning and Deep, Dark, Delicious) received an Award of Merit in the RWA Holt Medallion competition (2011 and 2012). Take Me Away and Adored both won second place in the NEC RWA contest (different years). Tina is featured in the 2012 Novel & Short Story Writer’s Market. She was the editor of an award–winning Midwestern newspaper and worked in Story Direction for a Hollywood production company.
Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.com/author/tinadonahue
One digital back list title will be gifted to one lucky commenter per the number of stops. Please refer to the Rafflecopter widget for directions, as well as to find the terms and conditions.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Monday, May 20, 2013
9:13 AM | Posted by Ing Cruz | | Edit Post
Wow for a short read this book packed a lot of smoking sexy punch to it. I love friends to lovers kind story lines and Hold Me Down Hard fit the bill. You have Eden and Jay who have been friends and neighbors for about three years. Each is seriously crushing and lusting after the other but neither will make a move. During one night of poker with her fellow actresses friends, they convince Eden to make the moves on Jay. Eden usually has Jay rehearsing scripts with her so Eden and the girls come up with a plan to write a specific fake script just for Jay, to get things to change from friends to lovers. Sexiness ensues and no holds bar banging happens. Handcuffs are involved and there are some exhibitionist happening in alleyways. The aggressive way these two go at the smexing, had this reader turning down the thermostat. Seriously Jay is one hot man. He's not only smoking hot but he's a cop too. I love me some men in blue who know how to work it and Jay knows how to work it. Eden was lovable and definitely has a dirty side that Jay can't resist. I like the pacing of the book. Cathryn gave me enough details to believe in their chemistry. If you are looking for a quick hot read with lovable characters definitely check this book out. I also want to say that I love this cover!
Cathryn can never find balance in her life, is always trying to find time to go to the gym, can never keep up with emails, Facebook or Twitter and tries to write page-turning books that her readers will love. Cathryn also writes Young Adult novels under Cat Kalen and co-writes paranormal romance as Taylor Keating.
GIVEAWAY:a Rafflecopter giveaway
3:12 AM | Posted by Ing Cruz | | Edit Post
Welcome to the fun Wet and Wild Hop! This hop is hosted by the awesome and talented author Skye Warren. Hop around and visit all the blogs participating in this naughty hop. The more places you visit and LEAVE A COMMENT the better your chances are at winning the Grand prize of this hop wide giveaway. Check out the GRAND PRIZE below.
Each of the individual sites have their own prizes, including gift cards, hot erotica releases, and more. So get commenting and hop around for more chances at some awesome prizes! The hop lasts the whole week, until May 25th. You have until then to visit all the sites! Have fun and good luck.
Now check out what I'm offering! Fill out the form below to enter my blog's giveaway.
(1) Lucky commentor will win e-Book copies of the below. Your choice from either Amazon or B&N. Open to US/INT readers:
~~ Wanderlust by Skye Warren ~~
~~ Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei James ~~
~~ Beyond Shame by Kit Rocha ~~
~~ King Cobra by Jayne Rylon ~~a Rafflecopter giveaway
LIST OF OTHER PARTICIPANTS! GET TO HOPPING!
Saturday, May 18, 2013
1:00 AM | Posted by Ing Cruz | | Edit Post
I loved the first book, Arouse. This couple is sexy as heck together. They have taken me on an emotional coaster ride. I enjoyed every moment! Check out my review of Arouse HERE. I can't wait to dive back in to the intense and emotional journey of Dean and Live in Allure.
Nina used to write novels under the name Natasha Rostova and has published stories in anthologies such as “Best Women’s Erotica” and “Erotic Travel Tales.” Her work has been translated into both German and Japanese. In addition to writing, she's an avid reader who loves popcorn and has recently joined a workout boot-camp that is kicking her rear end.
Website I Facebook I Twitter I GoodReads
Follow this tour along! Be sure to visit the other blogs for some fun post, reviews and other goodies! More chances to enter and win a copy! Click the tour banner for the list of other tour stops.
One lucky reader of the blog can win a digital (EPub or Mobi) copy of Arouse by Nina Lane. Giveaway is open to US & International residents. Good luck!
Friday, May 17, 2013
5:00 AM | Posted by Ing Cruz | | Edit Post
~~ GUEST POST ~~
Chefs Do it Better by Kate Meader
Thanks to Ing for letting me talk hot chefs here at As the Pages Turn, specifically one gorgeous chef: Jack Kilroy, British, famous, arrogant… and hot-as-a-griddle. What is it about chef heroes that make us swoon? Let me count the ways…
1. Not to overstate the obvious, but let’s get it out of the way, shall we? They cook! What woman doesn’t love that? It’s fairly safe to say that most women love when a guy makes a meal—and when he’s an award-winning chef at a Michelin-starred restaurant (or two), then the lucky lady is pretty much picking up knife and fork and saying, “Feed me.” After a particularly rough morning when Lili, the heroine in Feel the Heat finds out her hot smooch with the most famous chef in the Western hemisphere went video viral and now her butt’s trending on Twitter (oops), Jack cooks for her. It doesn’t make it all better, but it sure does help.
2. Cooking is about crafting an experience and creating emotion: it invokes all sorts of primal feelings from nostalgia to comfort to just plain arousal. A hero who can get his woman into that emotional space is worth another look, don’t you think? When Jack cooks for Lili, she feels special and loved…not a small thing for a woman who thinks she’s too average for a grand passion.
3. The chef hero is a leader in the kitchen and his bossy alpha-ness usually translates in a very sexy way to the rest of his life. This guy usually knows what he wants whether it’s how that night’s dinner service should play out or what’s on the menu in the bedroom. By the time Lili and Jack get hot and smoldering between the sheets, he’s clear about his desires—and not afraid to tell her.
4. Chefs are creative individuals. They have to regularly invent stunning dishes that take diners to new levels. They have to think on their feet when the kitchen is short two commis chefs and the back row of burners has decided to go kaput in the middle of the worst service in history. And they bring that creativity into other areas, such as using goat cheese caramel gelato to woo AND as a topping on his woman’s silky skin. Yes, that happens in Feel the Heat. (Recipe here!)
5. It’s all about the hands! Have you ever seen how fast those hands move on TV cooking shows as they chop and julienne and mince? A chef’s hands are often scarred and callused from years of abuse in the kitchen. Combine that with the make-your-vision-blur skill level and think what those instruments could do to a woman’s body. Are you thinking about it? Lili thinks about it. She thinks about it a lot ;-)
Follow the "Feel the Heat" tour peeps. Check out the other fantastic guest post, Q&A and excerpts that is happening at the other tour stops. Click the pic below to see list of stops.
Kate Meader writes contemporary romance that serves up delicious food, to-die-for heroes, and heroines with a dash of sass. Originally from Ireland, she cut her romance reader teeth on Catherine Cookson and Jilly Cooper novels, with some Mills & Boons thrown in for variety. Give her tales about brooding mill owners, oversexed equestrians, and men who can rock an apron, and she’s there. She has a bachelor’s in law (useless), a master’s in history (not as useless), and another master’s in library and information science (yay, using). When not writing about men who cook and the women who drool over them, she works in an academic library. Her stories are set in her adopted home town of Chicago, a city made for food, romance, and laughter – and where she met her own sexy hero.
Kate is offering up a tour wide giveaway. One grand prize winner will get a Feel the Heat Swag Bag containing a Supper Hero-Wonder Woman apron, a Feel the Heat tote bag, a Vespa-shaped pizza cutter, a “Grate Love” cheese grater, heart-shaped measuring spoons, a Feel the Heat fridge magnet, heart-shaped pasta, delicious cookies, and a recipe card for goat cheese caramel gelato. She will also be giving away smaller swag bags of assorted kitchen utensils and more! Go HERE to see pics of goodies being offered!a Rafflecopter giveaway
12:00 AM | Posted by Ing Cruz | | Edit Post
Title: DAMAGED 2 (Damaged, #2)
Author: H.M. Ward
Expected release date: June 24, 2013
Age Group: New Adult
Cover reveal organized by: AToMR Tours
NEW YORK TIMES, WALL STREET JOURNAL, DIGITAL BOOK WORLD, & USA TODAY Bestselling author H.M. Ward is a native New Yorker living in Texas. She loves purple, glitter, and Disney World. Her bestsellers include THE ARRANGEMENT series, SCANDALOUS, and DEMON KISSED.
Don't want to miss a H.M. Ward release date: Text AWESOMEBOOKS to 22828 and get an email reminder on release dates.
I do not claim any credit for the images featured on this blog. All the images on this site are copyrighted to it's respectful owners. If you own the copyright to the images that I have posted on this site and wish for me to remove them please contact me directly via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and the images will be removed immediately.
Blogs I Love
- Blog Tour: Promo + Giveaway - Illicit Intent by Ti...
- Blog Tour: Review + Giveaway - Hold Me Down Hard b...
- Wet and Wild Blog Hop - May 20th - 25th
- Spotlight Blog Tour + Giveaway: Allure by Nina Lan...
- Guest Post + Giveaway with Kate Meader author of F...
- Cover Reveal - Damaged 2 by H. M. Ward
- Book Spotlight + Excerpt: Apocalyptic Moon by Eva ...
- Cover Reveal Blog Tour: Giving You Forever by Ashl...
- Blog Tour: Off Limits by Sawyer Bennett
- Super Book Blast + Giveaway: Midnight Special by T...
- Blog Tour: Guest Post + Giveaway - A Little Bit Si...
- Monday Man Candy #49
- Happy Mother's Day
- Release Day Blitz: Let Love In by Melissa Collins
- Blog Tour Excerpt + Giveaway - Real Men Don't Quit...
- Release Week Event + Giveaway: Paris Love Match by...
- Book Blitz Tour + Giveaway: Every Little Piece by ...
- Spotlight + Giveaway - The Reason is You by Sharla...
- Guest Post + Giveaway with Rucy Ban author of All ...
- Monday Man Candy #48
- Winners! Winners! We got winners!
- Blog Tour: Book Review + Giveaway - Arouse by Nina...
- Blog Tour Spotlight + Giveaway - Starlight by Alex...
- ▼ May (24)
- ► 2011 (223)